If you like sour but refreshing taste of lemon, this recipe is for you! This lemon caper sauce goes well with pretty much anything. Even my 13-months-old daughter loved it. :) You don't have a grill? No problem -- frying pan is all you need.
Ingredients:Salmon - 4 fillets
Asparagus - 10-12 stalks
White mushroom (or your favorite mushroom) - 8-10 (sliced)
Penne pasta - 1 packet
[Lemon caper sauce]
Capers - 4 tsp
Lemon juice - 4-5 TBS (depending on how
Garlic - 1 clove (minced)
Butter - 4 TBS (melted)
Lemon zest (optional) - 1 tsp
Parsley (dried or fresh) - 2 tsp
- Season salmon fillet with salt and pepper. Set it aside
- Cut the end of the asparagus and peel the skin of asparagus (the end part). Cut in 2 inch length.
- Cut mushrooms in strips.
- [Lemon Caper Sauce] Crush and mince the capers if the capers. Add all ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Set it aside.
|Crush and mince capers if it's big (like the one above)|
|Mix all the ingredients for caper sauce together|
- Cook penne pasta in boiling salt water.
- In a frying pan, grill/fry asparagus and mushroom with 2 TBS of butter. Add 1 tsp salt. Cook for few minutes, until asparagus is cooked and crunchy (test it!). Take it out in a bowl.
- In the same pan, melt 1 TBS of butter. Fry salmon fillets. Cook one side for about 3-4 minutes, then another side for 4-5 minutes. Take it out.
- In a big bowl, combine cooked penne pasta, asparagus/mushroom and about 5 TBS (or more if you wish) of lemon caper sauce. Toss it to coat evenly.
|Cook salmon with 1-2 TBS of butter|
|The crust should be golden and crunchy|
- Place desired amount of penne and asparagus/mushroom on a plate.
- Place salmon fillet on top. Pour/drizzle (depending on your taste preference) the lemon sauce on top.
- It goes well with grilled chicken or pretty much any grilled stuff.
- Got BBQ party soon? The lemon caper sauce will be a hit.