My mom is a wonderful chef. I grew up eating all kinds of food. Not only she's a wonderful cook, she's also a wonderful teacher. She taught by making us help out in the kitchen. My sister and I used to roll these spring rolls for parties all the time. Even though I didn't appreciate it when I was younger, but now, I'm very thankful for my mom for sharing her recipes and teaching me how to cook. Thank you, mama san!
Ingredients:Spring roll skin - 1 packet (big square - about 4-5 inches)
Green beans (French beans) - 2 cups (cut in 1/2 inch size)
Carrots - 1 big (sliced/shredded into small pieces)
Cabbage - 3 cups (cut in small pieces)
Pork - 2 cups (sliced)
[A - Pork marinade]
Soy sauce - 3 TBS
Salt - 1 tsp
Pepper - 1 tsp
Sesame oil - 1 tsp
Soy sauce - 1 TBS
Garlic salt - 1 tsp
Pepper - 1 tsp
Oil for frying
Thai chili sauce
- Cut the edge of green beans and then cut in 1/2 inch size.
- Peel the carrots and shred/cut in small pieces.
- Cut cabbage in small pieces.
- Cut pork into thin slices and [A] marinade for about 30 minutes.
- Defrost spring roll skin (if it was frozen) to room temperature.
|Cut veggies in small pieces and marinade pork.|
- In a frying pan, put about 1 TBS oil, then fry carrots for about 3 minutes.
- Add in marinaded pork. Fry for another 3 minutes.
- Add in green beans and cabbage. Fry for about 5 minutes. Add in [B] seasoning and fry for another minute or two.
- Transfer the pork & veggies from pot to a sieve. Let the excess liquid drain and let it cool down.
- To wrap:
- Take one sheet of (room temperature) spring roll skin. Set it in a diamond shape. In the middle, put about 1/4 cup of pork & veggies.
- Take the bottom edge and pull it over the veggies. Take the two sides and bring them to the middle.
- Roll from bottom up and secure it by water.
|Place the sheet in diamond|
|Put about 1/2 cup of veggies/pork in the middle.|
|Tuck the bottom corner below the veggies.|
|Bring two sides together|
|Close/secure with water.|
|Ready to be fried.|
|Cut in half and serve with Thai chili sauce.|
- Serve the spring roll with Thai chili sauce.
- For healthier option, you can 1) bake (at 375 degrees until golden brown) or 2) pan fry with 2 TBS of oil.