Do you need one more dish on your dinner table? This dish just need 5 min prep., let it sit in the fridge for awhile and take it out to fry 10 minutes before dinner! You can try out different marinades (see TIPS). This is also good as party finger food.
Ingredients:Chicken - 1 lbs (your favorite cut, preferably with skin on for crunchiness)
Soy sauce - 3 TBS
Mirin - 1 TBS
Salt & balck pepper - 1 tsp each
White or brown sugar - 1/2 TBS
Cornstarch - 2 TBS
Garlic - 2 cloves (minced)
Ginger - 2 tsp (minced)
Corn starch - For dipping
Oil for frying
|I used yakiniku sauce 1/3 cup + 1 tsp mirin + 1 tsp soy sauce|
- Cut chicken into 2 inch bite size pieces.
- In a big Ziplock bag or in a bowl, combine chicken and add in marinades and massage the chicken in the marinade. Let it sit in the fridge for at least an hour (half a day or overnight is good, too)
|Going to the fridge for few hours!|
- Heat oil in a pot. **see TIPS
- Put cornstarch on a plate/bowl. Roll each marinaded chicken pieces on cornstarch.
- Fry until golden brown. Flip one.
- Serve with other main dish
- Ketchup tastes good on it, too.
- You can use leftover yakiniku sauce for marinade (omit soy sauce & mirin)
- For deep-frying, you can use less oil by using just enough to cover half of the chicken pieces. or you can make the chicken pieces smaller for shorter cook time.