One of the first dishes my husband made for me (when we were dating) was beef and broccoli. Ever since, I attempted to make beef and broccoli several times, but I can't make it as good as my husband's. My hubby is a good chef and I'm a lucky wife. :)
Ingredients:Beef - 1/5 lb (sliced)
Broccoli - 1 head (pieces)
Onion - 1 small (chopped)
Garlic - 2 cloves (minced)
Ginger - 2 tsp (minced)
Soy sauce - 2 tsp
Sugar - 1 tsp
Salt & pepper - dash
Soy sauce - 1 TBS
Oyster sauce - 2 TBS
Sugar - 2 tsp
Pepper - few drops
Corn starch - 1/2 TBS
Water - 1/2 TBS
- Slice the beef into thin slices. Marinade with beef marinade. Set it aside for 30 minutes.
- Chop onion, cut broccoli in pieces, and mince garlic & ginger.
- Boil water in 3 or 4 quart pot. Blanch broccoli for 2 minutes. Drain and set it aside.
- Mix sauce in a bowl. In a separate bowl, make corn starch slurry (cornstarch + water).
|Chop onion, garlic and ginger|
- Heat the wok with 1 to 2 TBS of olive oil. Fry onion for 2-3 minutes until translucent.
- Add in garlic and ginger. Fry for another minutes.
- Add in beef slices. Fry for until somewhat cooked (3 minutes-ish).
- Pour in the sauce. Let it simmer for a minute or two.
- Add in cornstarch slurry and broccoli. Cook until the sauce thickens.
- Serve over hot rice.