I was looking through my pantry today and found a packet of Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix. I thought, "hmm... I wonder if I can make fried chicken out of this thing." So I went to the Hidden Valley official website and found this recipe! It turned out good, but I think it'll go much better with chicken with skin more than boneless, skinless chicken breast. But the taste was great!
Ingredients:Whole Chicken (3 pounds) or 4 chicken breasts - cut into 8 pieces (rinsed and patted dry)
Hidden Valley Original Ranch Salad Dressing - 2 cups
Ground black pepper - 1/2 tsp
All-purpose flour - 3/4 cup
Salt - 1 tsp
Vegetable oil for frying
- If you are using a whole chicken, cut into 8 pieces, wash and pat dry. If you are using chicken breasts, you can cut into thinner slices (cut in half) or into bite size pieces.
- Prepare Hidden Valley original ranch dressing if you are making from a packet.
- In a shallow pan or in Ziplock bag, marinade chicken pieces with ranch dressing. Let is sit for at least an hour.
- Remove chicken from the dish. Shake off any excess marinade. Discard any leftover marinade. On a large plate, mix flour, salt and pepper. Roll each piece of chicken in the seasoned flour.
- In a pot or skillet, heat 1 inch deep vegetable oil. When it's ready (sprinkle some flour in the oil and when it bubbles and floats, it's ready), fry for 4 minutes on one side and 4 minutes on the other - or until golden brown.
- Grilled veggies go perfectly with the fried chicken.