I only have one or two leek recipes, so I wanted to expand my leek collection. I came across this one and tried it. I should've used a fattier piece of meat, but it turned out better than I expected. :) If you have any leek recipes, please share with me. :)
Ingredients:Pork - about 1 lbs
Honey - 4 TBS
Cooking oil - 2 TBS
Soy sauce - 1/3 cup
Anise - 1 (med) or 2 (small)
Leek - about 5 inches (thin slices)
Ginger - 2 TBS (minced)
Garlic - 1 TBS (minced)
- Put the pork and all the marinade ingredients in a Ziplock bag. Massage the meat well with the marinade. Let it sit in the marinade (in the fridge) for at least an hour. *see TIPS
- On a baking safe dish, line it with aluminum foil.
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- On a hot grill or wok, heat 2 TBS of oil.
- Take the meat out from the marinade. Transfer the marinade on a smaller saucepan.
- Heat the saucepan on low for 5-10 minutes.
- On a hot grill, fry the pork 3 minutes on one side and turn for another 3 minutes. It's not cooked all the way.
- Transfer to baking dish (on aluminum foil) and pour the marinade mixture on top.
- Bake for 10 minutes, turn the meat and bake for another 10 minutes. Cover aluminum foil and bake for extra 5-7 minutes. The marinade should caramelize. **TIPS
- Take out the cooked meat out on a chopping board. Let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Slice the meat into desired thickness.
- Serve with rice or ramen (like char siu ramen)
- You can marinade a day before as well.
- If you don't have oven or don't want to bake, you can just use frying pan or grill. Add marinade to the grill/wok and follow the instructions.