I grew up eating this dish, but of course my mom's much better than mine. :) You don't need a clay pot, just a rice cooker will do!
1 Chicken breast
3 Taiwanese (or any) Chinese Sausage- sliced
4 Shiitake (sliced)
2 TBS Dark soy sauce
2 TBS Oyster sauce
2 TBS Sugar
Salt & Pepper to taste
2 Cups rice
Green onion - for garnish
1. Cut chicken in bite-size, marinade with [A]. Leave it for 30min - 1 hour.
2. Cut Chinese sausage into slices.
3. Soak dry shiitake in warm water until soften.
4. Chopped green onion
1. Fry chicken for 3 min, turn them half way.
2. Add sausage & shiitake, cook for another 5 min.
3. If it looks too dry, add oyster sauce & a bit of water.
4. Wash rice. Follow directions on the rice cooker and add water for 2 cups of rice.
5. Add chicken mixture to the rice, mix around and cook the rice as usual.
6. Sprinkle green onion on cooked rice.
- I love Taiwanese sausage. It's sweeter than other Chinese sausages.
- Sliced dried shiitakes are usually cheaper than whole dried shiitakes.
Side kick: Chinese Vegetable with Garlic
1 pack Chinese vegetable (any kind you like)
2 cloves of garlic (minced)
Oil for stir fry (about 2 TBS)
[choose your seasoning]
Salt & pepper
1. Wash Chinese vegetable, cut if it too thick at the stem.
2. Fry minced garlic with oil until garlic starts to brown in a wok or deep frying pan.
3. Add vegetable and cover the wok for one minute.
4. Depending on how you want your vegetables, add different seasonings.
- Experiment with seasonings - finding your own [family]taste is the key to good food. no one family is alike. :)