My father-in-law is a wonderful chef. He compiled his famous dishes into a book and gave it to my husband for Christmas present last year. It is one of our family treasures now. This recipe is from the book. Thanks, dad!
300g (1.5lbs) minced pork
200g (~1lbs) prawn-meat (shelled & minced)
1 small can water-chestnut (chopped)
3 stalks green onion (chopped)
3 coriander leaves (chopped)
1 TBS light soya sauce
1 TBS sesame oil
2 large pieces of dried bean-curd skin (cut into 6 inch square size)
Oil for frying
- Chop all ingredients. For prawn-meat, use food processor/mincer or use two knives to mince.
- Mix [A] in a large bowl.
- Cut the dried bean-curd skin. If it's too hard and brittle, soak in water until you can work with it.
- Place about 2 TBS of meat mixture onto one sheet of bean curt.
- Spread water on the end part of skin to ensure it sticks tight.
- Heat 300ml (half of frying pan) oil in wok or frying pan on high heat. Reduce to medium fire, add rolled skin and fry for 1-2 min or until skin turns brown.
- Thin layer of meat is easier & faster to cook (less time in oil). So be creative in the shapes and sizes of the rolls.