My daughter loves to eat, but she's also good at picking 'green' stuff out from her food. This recipe has lots of 'hidden' veggies, but still got other food (meat, eggs, rice, etc) to distract her. She loves fried rice and this recipe is another one-dish wonder (all-in-one dish!) in our family. It's very quick and easy to make -- perfect when you have left over rice and little bit of this and that. :)
Ingredients:Rice - 3 cups (measuring cups, prefer overnight/left over rice)
Beef - 100 g (1/2 cup sliced)
Chinese sausage - 2 (chopped)
Spinach - 2 cups (chopped)
Green onion - 1 stalk (chopped)
Eggs - 3 (beaten)
Lettuce - thinly shredded
- Slice beef and marinade with 1 TBS soy sauce, 2 tsp sugar, salt and pepper.
- Chop Chinese sausage, spinach, and green onion into small pieces.
- Cut lettuce in thin slices, wash, pat dry and keep in a container (and in the fridge) until ready to use.
- Beat eggs, add salt & pepper. Set aside.
- Heat the wok/frying pan with 1 TBS of oil. Fry beef until brown. Add in sausage, fry for another minute. Add in spinach. Fry for couple of minutes. Take out from the wok.
- In the same wok/pan, add 1 TBS of oil. Fry eggs until almost done, then add in rice and mix well. Add in 1 tsp salt and sprinkle pepper. Fry for 2 minutes.
- Combine back beef, sausage and spinach with rice. Add in 1 TBS of oyster sauce, salt & pepper to taste. Fry for 3-4 minutes, until somewhat dry.
|Step 1: Cook meat and veggies first. Take it out.|
|Step 2: Fry eggs and add rice|
- Serve fried rice with lettuce and green onion.
- You can add any ingredients you can find in the fridge. The key to remember is fry the meat and veggies separate from egg/rice so it won't be too soggy.
- * secret recipe - my husband's fried rice is the best I've tasted and it's because he adds oyster sauce and lettuce. Thanks, hubby!