We have a pretty decent coleslaw recipe. But one day, my husband said, "it needs some kick to it" and then he took out a can of pineapples and mixed it with the slaw -- it was a big HIT! The pineapple coleslaw tasted much better than the original recipe and it brought back memories from all the awesome food we ate in Hawaii.
Ingredients:Coleslaw mix - 1 packet [16 oz] (or cabbage 1 small & carrots 2) **see TIPS
Onion - 1/3 cup (diced)
Mayonnaise - 2/3 cup
Vegetable oil - 3 TBS
White sugar - 1/3 (or more for sweet tooth) **see TIPS
White vinegar - 1 TBS
Salt - pinch
Poppy seeds - 1/2 tsp
Lemon juice - 3 tsp
Crushed pineapple - 1 small can (drained)
- Dice onion and drain can pineapple.
- Cut cabbage and carrots if you are cutting your own.
|Diced onion and drained crushed pineapple|
- In a big bowl, combine all ingredients. Mix well. Adjust the taste. That's it!
|Ready to mix!|
- Perfect side dish for any BBQ or fried food!
- Coleslaw mix is very convenient and pretty affordable (about $2). It'll save you time.
- Add 1/4 sugar first, and add more until it's sweet enough for you.