Happy 4th of July, everyone! July 4 is the perfect holiday for... BBQ! But if you are like us - live in an apartment and don't have your own backyard (or BBQ grill), then bring BBQ inside. This slow-cooker recipe brings BBQ inside the home and what's even better? You don't even have to stand by it and cook!
Ingredients:Pork tenderloin (or your favorite cut of meat) - 2 lbs
Root beer - 1 can (12 fl. oz)
Garlic cloves - 3 (skinned and cut in half)
Favorite BBQ sauce - 1 (small bottle - at least 18 oz)
- Prepare garlic cloves by taking off the skin and cutting in half (you will have 6 pieces total). If you are garlic fan, please add more of them! If you're not, just omit or reduce the number.
- In a slow cooker, add meat, root beer and garlic cloves. Root beer should at least be at the halfway mark of the meat.
- Let it cook under LOW for 6 hours.
- An hour and half before completion (so 4 and half hours into cooking), take the meat out, drain the root beer/garlic liquid out. Shred the meat using two forks. Mix in the whole bottle BBQ sauce and mix well.
- Return the BBQ-sauced meat back into the slow cooker and cook for another hour.
|meat + root beer + garlic|
|After 5 hours|
|The other side of the meat was nice and brown|
|Shred it using two forks (my husband does better job shredding meat)|
|Mix in BBQ sauce|
|Pretty awesome BBQ sauce - very tangy, good for slow cooker meats|
- Serve with homemade bread roll and cole slaw.
- Add more BBQ sauce for dripping-BBQ-goodness.
- 2 lbs of meat will make about 6-7 big pulled pork sandwiches