I was thinking of what adjectives to put for the title, but I think no words can describe how awesome this cake is! I found this recipe on allrecipes.com few years back and it's the only recipe I use for chocolate cake. It's super-moist, very chocolatey, fluffy yet dense, and it goes well with pretty much any frosting or topping. We like to eat the cake by itself, with some berries on the side. I add dark chocolate chips instead of regular semi-sweet, but as usual, you can do whatever you want. Enjoy! :)
Ingredients:Devil's food cake mix - 1 (18.25 ounce) package I
Instant chocolate pudding mix - 1 (5.9 ounce) package
Sour cream - 1 cup
Vegetable oil - 1 cup
Eggs - 4
Warm water - 1/2 cup
Semi-sweet (or dark or any kind) chocolate chips - 2 cups
- Measure all ingredients and set it aside **see TIPS
- Line the baking sheet (13 by 9 pan or 12 inch bundt cake pan) with parchment paper or grease it with butter or oil. **see TIPS
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
|My parchment paper work is not that awesome, but it works. :)|
- In a Kitchenaid mixer or big bowl, add in egg. Beat medium speed for about 2 minutes.
- Add in oil, sour cream and water. Mix until well blended (about 1-2 minutes)
- Add in cake mix and pudding mix. Use wooden spoon and mix the batter.
- Finally add in chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 40 minutes (for 13 by 9) or 45 minutes (for bundt cake). Insert cake tester or wooden stick in the middle of the cake. If it comes out clean, it's done!
|Ready to go in the oven!|
|Nice and fluffy. Let is cool on wire rack|
- You can cut the cake in half and add whipped cream or chocolate ganache and fruits. It goes well with pretty much anything, so use your creative side to make this cake unique!
- We like to serve with vanilla ice cream and fruits (strawberries and raspberries)
- Over the years, I learned that my baked goods turn out better when I measure my ingredients beforehand.
- For greasing the baking pan, you can use butter or oil, then coat them with a thin layer of flour. The cake will come out nice and not greasy on the bottom.
- The cake taste even better if you keep it in the fridge overnight!