There are so many different ways to make curry. But it was my first time making curry from curry powder. It took 30 minutes to cook - another busy-people-friendly dish! The original recipe can be found here. I tweaked it a bit to get the 'Woo family' taste. Happy cooking!
Ingredients:Chicken breasts - 2 (cubed)
Potatoes - 2 sm (cubed)
Onion - 1 sm (minced)
Garlic - 2 cloves (minced)
Bay leaf - 1
Curry powder - 4 TBS (or more if you like more curry flavor)
Paprika - 1/2 TBS
Cinnamon powder - 2 tsp
Salt - 2 tsp
Sugar - 2 tsp
Plain yogurt - 1 cup
Coconut milk - 1 cup
Tomato ketchup - 3 TBS
- Cut onion and potatoes in small pieces. Mince garlic.
- Cut chicken breasts in small pieces. Set it aside.
- In a pot, heat 2 TBS olive oil. Fry onion until fragrant (about 2-3 minutes) or until the edges are turning brown. Make sure to stir to get even cooking.
- Add in garlic and fry for another minute.
- Add in curry powder, bay leaf, paprika, cinnamon powder, salt and sugar. Mix until well integrated.
- Add in chicken and fry for another 2 minutes.
- Add in yogurt, coconut milk and ketchup. Mix well. Let it simmer for 20-25 minutes or until potatoes are soft. Stir occasionally to avoid sticking to the pot.
- Serve with rice or paratha or naan. Veggies like salad or fried green beans will be a perfect match for this dish.
- If you want veggies in the curry, add in carrots, celery, etc. Making it for picky eater? Just boil the veggies, blend them in the blender and add to the curry.