I personally think mayonnaise goes well with pasta. But my husband doesn't like the combination. So I usually make this dish to treat myself once in a while. :) It's definitely on my Top 10 comfort food list. If you like mayonnaise (I prefer Japanese mayonnaise to American one) and pasta, you should definitely try this recipe!
Ingredients:Pasta - your favorite kind (for 2 people/2 cups dry)
Japanese mayonnaise - 1/2 cup (yes, it's a generous amount!)
Bacon - 2 slices (sliced) **see TIPS
Salmon - 1/2 cup (sliced)
Diced Tomato in can - 1/2 cup
Salt & pepper - pinch
Any of your favorite herbs - 1 tsp (I like parsley in mine)
- Cut bacon and salmon, set it aside.
- Cook pasta according to package instruction.
- While pasta is cooking, fry bacon in a frying pan.
- Add in salmon and let it cook for 2 minutes.
- Add in diced tomatoes, salt, pepper and herb. Cook until bacon is cooked.
- Drain water from pasta and toss them in the frying pan (or you can do the opposite - put bacon mixture in a pot with pasta).
- Add in mayonnaise and mix well. Adjust taste to your liking.
- All the good stuff in a bowl! Mayonnaise-goodness. :)
- You can add any meat you want - I just happened to have bacon and salmon in the fridge.