|Cake-like brownies - great with ice cream!|
Dinner is not complete without something sweet at the end. My family loves dessert and I personally love chocolate. I found this brownies recipe and I love it because it's so versatile. If you want more cake-like brownies, you add more baking powder and if you want gooey brownies, you add less flour and pinch of baking powder. You can control how much sugar (or what kind) you put in it, too. So, give it a shot! You probably won't go back to the boxed brownie mix. :)
Ingredients:Butter - 1 cup (soften)
White sugar - 1 and 3/4 cups (more or less, up to you!)
Eggs - 4
Vanilla - 2 tsp
Cocoa - 2/3 cup
Flour - 1 cup **see TIPS
Salt - 1/2 tsp
Baking powder - 1/2 tsp **see TIPS
- Soften butter
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Measure all ingredients and set aside.
- Grease (or line with parchment paper) 9 by 13 pan or 9 by 9 square pan.
- In a bowl, beat butter and sugar until mixed and creamy.
- Add in eggs, but don't over beat - about 1 minute. Over beating can cause the brownies to be cake-like.
- Add in all the ingredients. With wooden spoon, mix 30 times.
- Pour in the greased pan.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes. It's ok if it looks gooey in the middle. Take it out and let it sit in the hot baking pan until it cools.
- We like to eat our brownies with our favorite ice cream! We also eat brownies for breakfast. Hehe.
- If you want cake-like brownies, add 1/2 tsp of baking powder (follow the recipe above)
- If you want gooey brownies, add pinch of baking powder and a little bit less flour.