Since my daughter doesn't like the taste of milk, I try to sneak in milk in food. White sauce is the best way to get a lot of milk in. If you have other suggestions for getting milk in the food or snack, please share the recipe with me!
Ingredients:Chicken - 1 breast (cubed)
Carrots - 3 small (cubed)
Potatoes - 2 med (cubed)
Onion - 1 small (cubed)
Broccoli - 1/2 cup (cubed)
Butter - 6 TBS
Flour - 1/3 cup
Milk - at least 2 cups (or more, depending on your desired consistency)
Salt & Pepper - to taste
- Cut all veggies. Set aside.
- Cut chicken breast into cubes. Season with 1tsp of salt and pepper.
- In a larger pot or skillet, heat 1 TBS olive oil. Fry onion for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in chicken. Fry for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add in carrots and potatoes. Fry for 3-5 minutes. Add in little bit of water if it gets dry.
- [White sauce] In another pot, melt butter. Add in flour. Whisk consistently.
- Slowly add milk. Whisk consistently and add milk slowly until you get the consistency of the stew. **see TIPS
- When you get the consistency you want, add the white sauce with chicken/veggies. Let it simmer for few minutes. Adjust the consistency with milk and taste it according to your liking.
- With rice or pasta. **see TIPS
- If you don't like too much milk in the stew, substitute half with chicken stock.
- If you keep the stew overnight in fridge, you need to add more chicken stock, water or milk when you reheat.