Today's my daughter's 18-months birthday so I decided to make her pumpkin roll cake. It's also a perfect way to celebrate fall season (even though it seems like winter already in MN!) This pumpkin roll is really moist and quite easy to make. Happy birthday, girl and happy Fall!
Ingredients:Eggs - 3
White sugar - 3/4 cup
Pumpkin puree - 2/3 cup [I use Libby's Pumpkin puree can]
Lemon juice - 1 tsp
All-purpose flour - 3/4 cup
Ground cinnamon - 2 tsp
Baking powder - 1 tsp
Salt - 1/2 tsp
Ground nutmeg - 1/4 tsp
Walnut - 1 cup ** see TIPS
[Cream cheese filling]
Cream cheese - 1 packet (8 oz)
Powdered sugar - 2/3 cup
Butter - 2 TBS
Vanilla extract - 1/2 tsp
Lemon juice - 1 tsp
- Measure all ingredients.
- In another bowl combine flour, cinnamon, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg. Set it aside.
- Grease a 15x10x1 inch baking pan/jelly pan; line with waxed paper. Grease and flour the paper.
- Prepare on a table, line lightly greased and floured parchment paper on a kitchen towel/linen.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs on high for 5 minutes. Gradually beat in white sugar until thick and lemon-colored. Add pumpkin and lemon juice.
- Add in dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture.
- Spread batter into pan; sprinkle with walnuts if you want to add walnuts.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 12 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched.
- Immediately turn out onto a parchment paper on the linen towel you prepared. Peel off the baked parchment paper and roll cake up in the towel. Cool.
- [Cream cheese] In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, butter, lemon and vanilla until fluffy.
- Carefully unroll the cake. Spread filling over cake to within 1 inch of edges. Roll up again.
- Cover and chill until serving.
[Sorry, I had problem posting pictures under each subject]
|Line the jelly roll with parchment paper|
|Walnut crusted pumpkin roll|
|Cool on the wire rack or cool place|
|You can roll it on the other side to make a bigger roll|