I bought bow tie pasta for $1 (yay for great deals!) and I was looking for a recipe to try out. Allrecipes.com (which is my favorite recipe site -- did I mention this already? it's great!) had this recipe with 1300 plus 4 and half stars. So it has to be good, right? I did my study on others' reviews and made some minor changes, but the original recipe was a big hit! My hubby loved it! :)
Ingredients:Bow tie pasta - 1 box/bag (12 oz)
Italian sausage - 1 lbs (sweet or mild)
Onion - 1 med (chopped)
Garlic - 3 cloves (minced)
Italian-style can tomatoes diced - 1 (28 oz) or 2 (14 oz cans)
Heavy cream - 1 and half cup
Salt - 1/4 tsp
Red chili pepper flakes - 1/2 tsp **see TIPS
Fresh parsley - 3 TBS or more (minced)
- Cook pasta to al dante according to the package instruction.
- Chop onion and mince garlic. Drain excess tomato juice from the can.
- Take the meat out from the sausage casings and crumbled.
- Chop parsley and set it aside.
- In a big skillet or wok, heat 1 TBS of olive oil. Add in sausages. Using spatula, break the meat into smaller pieces. Let it brown, but doesn't have to be completely cooked.
- Add in garlic and onion. Mix and let it cook for 2-3 minutes or until onion is somewhat translucent.
- Add in diced tomatoes and heavy cream. Bring to boil, then lower the heat and let it simmer for 10 minutes. Taste and add salt accordingly.
- Add in pasta and mix well with the sauce. **see TIPS
- Nice salad and warm rolls will go perfectly with this dish.
- I used mild sausage and didn't add red pepper flakes. It turned out great with great flavor. But if you want some spicy kick, add in red chili pepper flakes! :)
- If you are keeping for leftovers, it's better to pour the sauce over the pasta, instead of mixing all together. Next day pasta will be more soggy and there's not much sauce left.