My mom is a great cook and she used to make this all the time. She usually cooks without physical recipes (it's all in her head) so it took me few times to get the taste close enough to my mom's. But of course, my mom's much better than mine. :)
Ingredients:[Pork mini burgers]
Ground pork - 1/2 lbs
Onion - 1/2 small
Bread crumbs - 1/3 cup
Egg yolk - 1
Garlic - 2 cloves (minced)
Ginger - 2 tsp (minced)
Salt & pepper - 1/2 tsp each
Soy sauce - 2 tsp
Onion - 1/2 (cut in cubes)
Potatoes - 3 small (cut in bite-size pieces)
Cinnamon stick - 1 (about 4 inch; or two 2-inch)
Chicken broth - 2 cups
Corn starch - 2 TBS
Water - 2 TBS
- In a large bowl, mix pork mini burger ingredients. Using your hands and mix well. Make about 2 inch, 1/2 inch thick mini burgers. Set is aside. **see TIPS
- Make cornstarch slurry and set it aside.
- In a wok, heat 2 TBS of oil. Fry the burgers - 2 minutes on one side and one minute on the other side. Take it out from the wok and set it aside.
- In the same wok, fry onion for one minute. Add in potatoes. Fry for another minute.
- Add in chicken broth, cinnamon sticks and cooked hamburgers in the wok.
- Let it bring to boil, then lower the heat and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
- Take out the cinnamon stick(s), add cornstarch slurry, and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Adjust taste (add water if it's too salty).
- Serve over hot rice.
- If you don't have bread crumbs, you can use flour for the hamburgers.
- If you don't have cinnamon sticks, add in 1/2 TBS cinnamon powder