I always wanted to try baking cheesecake, but thought of using 4 packages of cream cheese stop me from baking. But I finally did it and it's worth it! It's 4 packages of cream cheese, but you get at least 12 good size slices. The original recipe is here. [Sorry no pictures -- will take more when I bake again... soon.]
Ingredients:[Graham base layer]
Graham cracker crumbs - 3 cups (crushed)
Butter - 3 TBS (melted)
Cream cheese - 4 packages (8 ounce each) (softened)
White sugar - 1 and 1/2 cups
Milk - 3/4 cup
Eggs - 4 (room temperature)
Sour cream - 1 cup
Vanilla extract - 1 TBS
All-purpose flour - 1/4 cup
- Grease a 9-inch springform pan.
- Measure all ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a microwavable bowl, melt 3 TBS of butter. Add graham cracker crumbs. Press down on the 9-inch prepared springform pan.
- In another bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar only until mixed. **see TIPS
- Using a wooden spoon/spatula, add in milk, eggs, sour cream and vanilla extract. Beat in until well mixed, but don't whisk it or over mix it.
- Fold in flour into cream cheese mixture using spatula, until smooth.
- Pour cheesecake mixture on the graham layer.
- Bake in 350 F oven for 1 hour. Turn off the oven and let the cheesecake sit in the oven for 5-6 hours. Take it out, cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Goes perfectly with fresh strawberries
- Serve with strawberry sauce (fresh cut strawberries - 2 and half cups + 1/4 cup sugar + 1 tsp vanilla, simmer in a pot until thickens)
- It's really good by itself, too. :)
- Avoid beating too much so use your own strength to mix instead of the electric mixer. Soften cream cheese so you can work easily with them.