I couldn't come up with a better title for this post. Any suggestions for a better name? This dish is very simple to make and require only few ingredients. Don't overcook the eggs - runny yolk + tomato gravy makes this dish perfect!
Ingredients:Thin slice pork - 2 cups
Onion - 1 small (sliced)
Mushroom - 1/2 cup (sliced)
Chicken stock - 1 cup (cube stock or chicken broth)
Tomato ketchup - 1/2 cup
White or Brown Sugar - 2 tsp
Black pepper - 1 tsp
Eggs - 4
Green onion - 2 stalks (chopped)
Rice - Japanese/short-grain rice
|Missing mushroom - sorry!|
- Slice onion and mushroom.
- Prepare chicken stock if you are using the cubes.
- Chop green onion. Set it aside.
- Cook rice
|Any Asian supermarket sells thin slice pork|
- In a frying pan, heat 1 TBS of olive oil. Fry onion for couple of minutes.
- Add thin slice pork and fry for another two minutes.
- Add in mushroom and fry for a minute.
- Add in chicken stock, ketchup, sugar, and black pepper. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Right before serving, crack four eggs in the pan. Cover and cook for one and half minute.
- In a bowl, scoop desired amount of rice. Pour tomato-pork-egg on rice. Sprinkle chopped green onion on top.