|Poppy seed dressing|
This is my husband's favorite salad! We have it for special occasions like Thanksgiving, anniversary, and Christmas. The recipe was from our close friend. Hope you like it, too!
Ingredients:[Poppy seed dressing]
White sugar - 1/4 cup
Dry mustard - 2 tsp
Salt - 2 tsp
Vinegar - 1/2 cup
Vegetable oil - 1/3 cup (add 1/3 cup more if you like to less thick)**see TIPS
Sweet onion - 2 large
Lemon juice - 2 tsp
Poppy seeds - 2 tsp
Baby spinach leaves - 1 bag (or 4 cups)
Bacon - 3 (cooked and crumbled)
Strawberries - 2 cups (sliced)
Candied walnuts/almond - 1/2 cup
Mandarin oranges - 1 can (medium)
Dried cranberries - 1/3 cup
- [Poppy seed dressing] Measure all ingredients.
- In a blender, blend sweet onion, white sugar and vinegar until smooth.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Keep in the airtight container. It tastes the best after a day or two in the fridge.
- Adjust consistency of the dressing with vegetable oil