We got some turkey leftovers from our friends and they are perfect for salad addition! This salad gives fresh side, using apples, cranberries, and lemon juice. My hubby said it'll go awesome with croissants.
Ingredients:Turkey leftover meat - 2 cups (chunks)
Romaine lettuce - 2 bunch (chopped)
Roma tomatoes - 2 (cubed)
Apples -2 (cubed) **see TIPS
Dried Cranberries - 1/3 cup
Walnuts or almond - 1/3 cup (chopped or sliced)
Mayonnaise - 3/4 cup (more or less, depending on your preference)
Poppy seed dressing - 3TBS (I'll post the recipe for poppy seed dressing soon!)
Lemon juice - 2 tsp
Black pepper - 1 tsp
Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Cut turkey meat into cubes. Microwave for a minute and set it aside to cool.
- Mix salad dressing ingredients in a bowl.
- Chop and cube lettuce, tomatoes and apples.
- Cut romaine lettuce into bite size pieces. Wash or use salad spinner. Put it in a big bowl.
- Add in turkey meat, cubed tomatoes, apples, and dried cranberries. Give a light toss.
- Add in the salad dressing. Toss until well blended.
- Add in walnuts/almond on top of the salad.
- Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Serve as side salad or in a bun/croissants.
- I like to use Fuji apples, but any crunchy apples will work in this salad. Keep the skin on - it gives nice crunch and good nutrients, too!