Here's another post for the leftover rotisserie chicken. Cashew nuts give a nice crunch to the sandwich. It can be served as a salad or as sandwich. All the main ingredients start from "C" so it's easy to remember. :)
Ingredients:(makes 3 big sandwich or 4 smaller ones)
Rotisserie or grilled chicken - 3 cups
Celery - 1 stalk (chopped)
Cashew - 1/2 cup (chopped or halved)
Cranberries - 1/2 cup
Mayonnaise - 3/4 cup (or more, depending on how much you love mayo)
Lemon juice - 1 tsp (or more, depending on how you like it)
Salt & Pepper - to taste
Garlic powder - 1/4 tsp
Bread or croissant - enough for 3-4 sandwich
Lettuce leaves and tomato slices - optional
- Chop cashew nuts in half or smaller, depending on your size preference.
- If you are like me and don't like the stringy thing that celery comes with, then peel the outer layer of celery off. Chop and set it aside.
- Shred the meat into bite size pieces. Heat up in the microwave for 1-2 minute. Set it aside to cool down a bit.
- Wash lettuce leaves and slice tomatoes if you are adding them.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Use a spoon and mix well.
- Toast the bread if you like it warm and toasted.
- Spread some mayo on each slice of bread (or inside of croissant). Add in lettuce and tomatoes. Scoop about 2 big spoonful of chicken salad in the sandwich.
- Serve with nice cup of hot soup.