Monday, January 14, 2013

caesar grilled cheese sandwich

I've been craving for grilled cheese, but when I make only with cheese, it seems like it's missing something. So I was looking through my fridge to see what I could add. Caesar salad dressing, as you know, is my favorite dressing so I thought, why not? It turned out really well. Or maybe it tastes good to me because I'm pregnant and eats weird stuff. If you have any ideas for grilled cheese sandwich additions, please share them with me!

Ingredients (for one sandwich):

Bread - 2 slices (use the bread with lots of grains - it gives nice crunch to it!)
Cheese (American) - 1 slice
Caesar dressing - 2 TBS

Butter - 2-3 TBS

Prep/Cook:

  1. On each slice of bread, spread 1 TBS (each or less if you want more cheesy taste). 
  2. Add cheese on one side and put the other slice of bread on top (dressing facing the cheese)
  3. Heat under medium heat 1-2 TBS of butter on a frying pan. when it's melted, put the sandwich on it and fry one side for about 3-4 minutes.  Check using spatula to make sure it's not burning.
  4. Before you turn to the other side, add in another 1 TBS of butter on the frying pan. Make sure the butter is place on the butter. Fry for another 3 minutes. It should be nice and crunchy.

Serve:

  1. Serve with a bowl of fruits or chips. A bowl of soup will be a good addition for dinner.
  2. Or you can just eat it as is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment