Feeling something fruity for dessert? This cheesecake squares are perfect for snack time, dessert time or potluck time. You can switch raspberry with pretty much any frozen fruits (see TIPS for other suggestions).
Ingredients:All-purpose flour - 1 and 1/4 cups
Quick oats (or old-fashioned oats) - 1/2 cup
Brown sugar - 1/2 cup (packed) **see TIPS
Cold butter - 1/2 cup (cubed)
Cream cheese - 1 pkg (8oz) (softened)
White sugar - 3/4 cup
Salt - 1/2 tsp
Vanilla extract - 1/2 tsp
Ground cinnamon - 1/4 tsp
Ground nutmeg - 1/8 tsp
Egg - 1 (large)
Frozen raspberries - 1 and 1/2 cup (measured while frozen - thaw)
- Grease 9-in. square baking pan.
- Thaw raspberries for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, oats and brown sugar. Combine cold butter cubes and using your hands, mix in until somewhat wet and crumbly.
- Set aside 1 cup crumb mixture. Press remaining mixture onto the bottom of a 9-inch baking pan and set aside.
- In another bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add salt, vanilla extract, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Lightly beat the egg and add to cheesecake mixture. Beat on low speed just until combined.
- Stir in raspberry and mix with spatula. Pour over pressed crust.
- Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes. Check after 35 minutes. The crumbs on the top should be nice and golden.
- Cool on wire rack until cool (at least 1 hour) and then transfer to the fridge for at least 2 hours or until set.
- Cut in squares or any shape you like.
- You can use other frozen fruits: rhubarb, mango, strawberries, blueberries or pineapple (cut down pineapple and mango to 1 and 1/4 cup instead)
- You can cut down on brown and white sugar for healthier option.