We got an awesome steamer from our cousins. It's a must-have for Chinese cooking. This dish can be done in 30 minutes! Easy + Healthy + Simple + Yummy = My kind of a dish!
Ingredients:Pork short ribs - about 1 lb (1-inch pieces)
Soy sauce - 4 TBS
Sesame oil - 1 tsp
Garlic - 2 tsp (minced)
Ginger - 2 tsp (minced) **see TIPS
Sugar - 1/2 TBS
Chili flakes (or fresh chili) - 1~2 tsp
Water - 2 TBS
Black pepper - 1/2 tsp
Cilantro - handful (depends on how much you want)
Green onion [optional] - 2 stalks (chopped)
- Mince garlic and ginger. Chop chili if you are using the fresh one.
- Combine ribs with everything except cilantro & green onion. Let it sit in the sauce for at least 15 min (20-30 min).
- Boil water for steam pot.
- When the water is boiling, steam for 15 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, add cilantro and green onion on top. Cover and let it sit for another 5 minutes.
- Serve right away with hot rice
- You can add more or less ginger and garlic, depending on your taste.