No time to cook? No problem! Just spend 15 minutes for preparation and turn the slow cooker on. That's it. Super easy. No need for slow cooker or stew mix. It's a great dish for busy moms. :)
Ingredients:Chicken breast or thighs - 1 lb
Carrots - 4 medium
Sweet onion - 1 medium
Potatoes - 3 medium
Mushrooms - 6 medium
Chicken stock - 3 cups
Salt & pepper - 2 tsp each
Basil or Italian seasoning - 2 tsp
Paprika [optional] - 1 tsp
Soy sauce - 2 TBS
Pepper - 1 tsp
Sugar - 2 tsp
[Tomato sauce mix]
Corn starch - 1 TBS
Water - 1/3 cup
Tomato ketchup - 3 TBS
Rice or bread
- Cut chicken into big bite pieces (2 inch chunks). Marinade for 5 minutes.
- Cut all veggies into big chunk pieces.
- Cook rice if you want rice.
- In a slow cooker, put veggies and top with chicken.
- Add chicken stock, salt, pepper, italian seasoning and paprika. Mix slightly.
- Cook at low for 6-8 hours (depending on how much time you have) or high for 4-5 hours.
- 1 hour before done (or 30 min for high), mix 'tomato sauce mix' ingredients together and pour into it. Mix slightly. Let it cook for 30 min - 1 hour. Adjust taste.
- Serve with salad and bread/rice.