I haven't tried the actual/authentic Spanish yellow rice before, but once in a while I have this craving for fun recipes like this. I simply googled 'Spanish yellow rice' and came to this recipe. I cooked in a rice cooker. It turned out great. I served it with fried chicken and spicy green beans. I will definitely make this again! (the actual one is more bright yellow)
Ingredients:Onion - 1/2 medium (chopped)
Garlic - 3 cloves (minced)
Long grain rice - 1 and half cup (use baking measuring cups)
Chicken broth - 2 and 1/4 cup (use baking measuring cups)
Salt - 1 tsp
Tumeric - 1/2 tsp
- Chop onion and mince garlic cloves
- Wash and rinse long grain rice.
- On a frying pan, heat 1 TBS of vegetable or olive oil. Fry onion and garlic. Fry for 5 minutes.
- Mix everything in a rice cooker. Cook as usual.
- Serve with your favorite sides, like fried chicken, seafood soup, and stir fried veggies. It tastes a bit like biryani (recipe coming soon), but simpler to make, so you can eat with curry, too!