This is an original recipe I came up with. I was a bit skeptical when I first tried it (because I just add random things together). But surprisingly it turned out yummy, well at least I think it's yummy haha. My husband said, "hmm interesting... is this new?" I thought he didn't like it, but he kept eating, so I guess it's a 'pass'! Just like other recipes, please adjust the taste to your liking. :)
Ingredients:Thin sliced pork (or any meat) - 1/2 pound
Onion - 1 medium
Age (bean curd skin) - 2 cups full (sliced)
Garlic - 2 cloves (minced)
Dark soy sauce - 2 tsp
Tomato ketchup - 3 TBS
Sesame oil - 1/2 tsp
Apple cider - 2 TBS
Sugar (brown or white) - 2 TBS
Water - 3 TBS
Salt & Pepper - to taste
- Combine all ingredients
- Slice onion and age & mince garlic.
- Heat the wok with 2 TBS vegetable oil. Fry onion and garlic for about 3-5 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Add in pork. Fry until pork is half way done, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add the seasonings in. Cover and let it cook for 2-3 minutes. Uncover and cook until the sauce thickens and becomes caramelized to the pork. Stir (kind of scoop type) occasionally.
- Adjust the taste to your liking.**
- Serve with rice and veggies.
- If you want it more sour, add in more apple cider (1 tsp at a time)
- If you want it more sweet, add the combination of 1 TBS of ketchup with 2 tsp of sugar.