I found this recipe as the side of Thanksgiving feast this year. It turned out really yummy. Sweet + creamy = ultimate comfort food. Bacon at the top adds nice texture to this dish. It only takes 20-30 minutes to make.
Ingredients:Sweet corn kernels - 3 cans (drained)
Green pepper - 1/2 large (chopped)
Red or Orange pepper - 1/2 large (chopped)
Onion - 1 medium (chopped)
Bacon - 8 slices
Cream cheese - 6-8 TBS (depending on how creamy you want)
Half & Half - 1/2 cup
Garlic salt - 2 tsp
Pepper - 2 tsp
Paprika - 1 tsp
Sugar - 1tsp
- Chop onion, green pepper and red/orange pepper into small pieces.
- Drain corn from can
- In a frying pan or wok, cook 8 slices of bacon until your desired texture. Leave 2 TBS of bacon drippings. Cut into small pieces.
- In the bacon drippings, fry onion until fragrant, about 3-5 minutes. Stir frequently.
- Add in green and red/orange peppers and corn. Fry for about 8 minutes. Stir occasionally
- Add in cream cheese, half and half, and all the seasonings. Let it simmer until cream cheese melts. Adjust the taste to your liking.
- In a serving plate/dish, pour the creamy corn. Top with cut bacon.