We got this idea from Slater's 50/50 burgers. It's smaller and easier to prepare than a regular burger patties. Ground bacon really adds nice flavor to the burger. Savory burger patties + caramelized onion + Hawaiian sweet rolls = yummy goodness.
Ground Beef - 1/2 lbs
Ground Bacon - 6-8 slices
Onion - 1/2 (minced)
Garlic - 3 (grated)
Egg white - 1
Bread crumbs - 1/4 cup (or more if it seems too wet)
Salt & pepper - 1 tsp each (remember, bacon is salty)
Paprika - 1-2 tsp
Italian seasoning (or your favorite herbs) - 2 tsp
Hawaiian Sweet rolls - as many as you want
Ketchup, mayo, BBQ sauce (whatever you want for sauce)
Sweet yellow onion - 2 med
Butter - 4 TBS
Potatoes - 6 (cut in wedges)
Olive oil - 1/4 cup
Dried parsley - 1 TBS
Italian seasoning - 2 tsp
Seasoned salt - 2 tsp
- [Sliders] Combine all the ingredients under [Slider] in a bowl. Use your hands and mix well together. If the mixture looks too wet, add more meat or bread crumbs. Divide into small balls (about 2 TBS-ful) and pat it down to 1 cm thick. Set it aside.
- [Caramelized onion] Slice the onions thinly. Cut butter into 1 TBS chunks.
- [Potatoes] Clean potato skin by brushing. Cut into 2-inch chunks. Line the baking sheet with aluminum foil. Combine potato wedges and other ingredients. Mix well using your hands or spatula.
- [Toppings] Cut lettuce and tomatoes. Wash them and pat dry.
|Grating garlic brings out the juice|
|Small patties! Should've chopped the onion smaller. :)|
|Potato wedges with seasoning|
- [Potatoes] Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. When it's ready, bake the potatoes for 10 minutes, then flip to the other side and bake for another 10 minutes.
- [Caramelized onion] Melt 2 TBS butter in a pan on a medium-low heat. When it's barely melted, add in onion slices. Gently stir-fry. Make sure you continue to toss, or else you'll get burnt parts. Add in 1 TBS butter at a time when onion starts to turn brown.
- [Sliders] Add thin layer of olive oil or butter. When it's hot, place 6-7 mini burgers. Fry for about 2-3 minutes on one side. Flip and fry for another 2-3 minutes. Pour 1TBS of water onto the burgers and cover the pan. Let it simmer/steam cook for about 1-2 minutes. Set it aside and repeat for the rest of the burgers.
|Butter the pan|
|Crispy outside, soft inside!|
- Cut rolls in half, add lettuce, tomatoes, mini burger and your favorite topping if you want, and caramelized onion.
- Don't forget the side of potato wedges!