This dish has lots of flavor, especially if you marinade overnight or for few hours. It's perfect for a busy day because cooking time is only 15 minutes!
Ingredients:Pork loin or pork chop - 2 lbs (8 pork chops)
Ginger - 1/4 cup (grated)
Soy sauce - 3 TBS
Salt & white pepper - 1 tsp each
Soy sauce - 1/4 cup
Mirin - 3 TBS
Honey or sugar - 1 TBS (or more if you want it sweeter)
Water - 3 TBS
- Slice the meat if you are using pork loin. Place them in a big bowl.
- Grate ginger. Squeeze the juice out of ginger in the bowl.
- Add rest of the marinade ingredients to the meat (add in the ginger chunks, too). Let it sit for few hours or overnight.
|Use your hands to massage the meat with the marinade|
- Heat 2 TBS of oil in a wok. When it's hot, fry pork chop (3-4 minutes each side) until golden brown. Turn to the other side and fry for 1-2 minutes more.
- While frying the pork, add stir-fry sauce in a bowl.
- Pour the sauce over the pork. Let it simmer. Turn the meat occasionally. The sauce will caramelize onto the meat, but don't let it get burnt.
|Not a very good picture, but pork chops being covered in the stir-fry sauce|
- Serve over hot rice. You can pour the sauce over, too. :)
|My husband's lunch tomorrow: ginger pork, eggs and veggies.|
- If you are not a big fan of ginger, try using grated ginger to make ginger pork.
- It works perfectly for BBQ!