allrecipes.com is probably my favorite online site to get recipes. I found this recipe on the website and made couple of times already. It's very simple to make - just takes 10 minutes to prep and let your slow cooker do the rest! I used to make my own dumplings, but store-bought ones are much easier & quicker (plus, I get more time for myself!) :)
Ingredients:Chicken breast - 4
Butter - 2 TBS
Condensed Cream of Chicken soup - 2 (10.75 ounce)*
Onion - 1 (diced)
Mushroom - 1 cup (diced)
Carrots - 1 cup (diced)
Water -1 cup
Refrigerated biscuit dough - 1 (8 pieces)
Frozen peas - 1/4 cup
- Cut butter in 1/2 inch cubes.
- Cut all vegetables in cubes.
- Combine cream of chicken soup with water until well blended.
- In a slow cooker, line with diced vegetables. Place chicken breasts on top.
- Pour the soup mixture on top of chicken. Place butter cubes on top.
- Cook on HIGH for 5 hours.
- 60 minutes before completion, open the lid, shred the chicken (in the slow cooker) and place 8 pieces of refrigerated biscuits. Make sure the biscuits are immersed completely in the soup. Pour the frozen peas on top. Cover and cook for another hour.
|After adding the biscuits on top, use ladle to scoop soup over the dough.|
|I used jumbo biscuit so it became really big. :)|
- The whole meal is in this one dish! Enjoy while it's hot.
- Cream of Chicken soup - use less sodium type if you don't want it to be too salty. Just add 2/3 cup water instead of 1 cup since it's less thick.
- You can also try other cream soup (such as cream of mushroom, cream of tomatoes) for variations.