It's one of those days again... lazy to cook. But this recipe is so easy, you can finish cooking in just 15 minutes. So, take a nap or relax on a couch (and don't feel bad about it).
Ingredients:Italian sausage - 3
Sweet onion - 1/2 med (sliced thinly)
Red bell pepper - 1/2 (sliced)
Yellow bell pepper - 1/2 (sliced)
Mushroom - 1/2 cup
Garlic - 2 cloves (minced)
Three cheese tomatoes/pasta sauce - 1 and half cups
Tomato ketchup - 1 TBS
Honey (*optional) - 1 TBS
Penne pasta (*See TIPS) - enough for four people
Butter - 1 TBS
|Three Cheese pasta sauce - Selling at Trader Joe's for $2.99!|
- Cut up Italian sausage into 1/2 inch balls. You can take out the outer lining of the sausage.
- Slice up onion, bell peppers, and mushrooms.
- Mince garlic cloves.
- Cook pasta.
- On a pan or a wok, melt 1/2 TBS. Fry mini Italian sausage balls until browned. Stir occasionally. Take out and set it aside.
- On the same pan/wok, melt the other 1/2 TBS. Fry onion and garlic until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add in mushroom and bell peppers. Fry for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add in cooked sausage meatballs. Add in three cheese pasta sauce, ketchup (and honey if you choose). Let it simmer for about 4-5 minutes.
- Add in pasta to the sauce and mix well.
|Mini Italian sausage meatballs|
- Serve with a side of salad, but this dish has everything from veggies, meat, to carb, so you can just serve this!
- Use whole wheat pasta for healthier option (let it cook a minute longer for a softer texture).